Nuffnang Ads

Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend GetAway!!

Jus came back home from a great weekend. Exciting trip to kuantan. Apparently, an opening of a new sikh temple was taking place this sunday. My parents decided to drive down for the temple opening, so i hoped in too... Over and above that, 2 of my fav cousins, Priya and her sister, Mindu where going to kuantan for the weekend too.. It was a wholesome weekend for me..

We left he house at 9.30 (indian timing) and we reached bout 1 something... The funny thing when i come to kuantan is to hear bout my stories when i was in kuantan. My dad studied from form 3 to form 5 here... so everytime we go to kuantan and pass a particular place he will say thats where i studied... thats where i did this and that... i always hit my head when he starts his stories but when i think again... when i have kids... my kids will be doin the same thing everytime we go to Cuepacs... After lunch, we headed straight to my cousins place... lepak there for a while while waiting for my cousins to come back from some taek-wan-do stuff... i would be spending the nite in their house anyway as my parents onli managed to get 1 room in the swiss garden hotel... So i stayed in the house while my parents checked into the hotel... i was to see them later for dinner in my cousins place....

Dinner was great.... Prawns and Chicken curry with some vegetable.... after that all of us went to the lawn and we had Irish Cream and talk stories... Mindu's fren Lueanne (sorry if wrong spelling) came over... the best part was she came to my house bout 2 years back when she came to kl with my cousin and the other day when i was talking to her on the phone, she said she dun remember coming to my house and i tried to explain wat happend still she dunno... After meeting her, i asked her if she rememeber me and i again told her that she came to my house and then she remembers... haihz... Anyway... back to the story....

After all that was over, my parents left at 12am and all of us (except me) got ready to go to sleep... 2 of my cousins had to referee the taek-won-do competition and the youngest one was taking part.... he did well for his category... won 2 gold medals and was the overall champion for his category.... well i never sleep early so i used my cousins laptop till 1.30 am and then went to sleep...

The following days agenda was pretty simple... we went to the temple close to 11am... when to the last part of the first ceremony... then it was the flag raising ceremony... that was quite nice actually... they actually got a band to play while the flag was being raised up.... lunch was then served... simple indian food... but it was super filling...

Visited a few other relatives... and came back to my cousins place... i used her laptop for awhile while waiting for them to come back home... i fixed all the minor errors on her pc... left Kuantan bout 5.30... Smooth traffic all the way till after the Bentong toll.... and after that i think u can guess.... TRAFFIC JAM!!! LONG TRAFFIC JAM!!! They even opened another road on the otherside of the road and yet it was jammed.... the best part of all was that the road was so jammed so much so for bout 10 to 15 mins u dun move then u move a bit and stop... and at desperate times like this people use the emergency lane to by pass the jam... i think u can guess wat happened then too... the traffic police was busy issuing summons to those people... VERY CLEVER JOB!... the jam was caused my road work...

Came back at 11.30 after sending my cousin back home and slept like a log for the next day (today) is the day SPM results were coming out...